This product is electronically distributed by means of download and personalized product activation key, as issued by Microsoft. We provide both the 32 and 64-bit versions of all software, if applicable. All orders are typically fulfilled within 2 to 12 hours depending on the time zones of placement.
Windows Server 2016 DataCenter helps you build a stable network structure, providing you with many exclusive features that are included in this edition only. These include Shielded Virtual Machines, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and Storage Spaces Direct and Storage Replica. Companies that increasingly rely on virtualization make the right choice with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 DataCenter. Among the most significant innovations in Hyper-V are important features in failover clustering, increasing the loading capacity for temporary storage and network failures.
What's new in Windows Server 2016 DataCenter
- Cloud technologies and Windows containers provide increased speed and flexibility
- Failover clustering to increase the loading capacity during temporary storage or network failures
- Secure server system management through new server roles and minimal execution in the nano server without graphical user interface for more performance and reduced maintenance requirements
- Storage Replica provides a preventive protection against failures
- Storage Spaces Direct enables the creation of scalable, highly available storage systems with local storage
- Shielded Virtual Machines protect your data within VMs against unauthorized access
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) functions for centrally managing and configuring physical and virtual network devices such as routers, switches, or gateways
Advanced security with Windows Server 2016 DataCenter
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 DataCenter supports you with a "zero trust" security approach that is embedded in the hardware to help protect you against the latest threats. Resources in shared environments are protected by shielded virtual machines that provide isolation between the underlying host and virtual machines. The "Host Guardian Service", a new Windows Server role, allows trusted hosts to be detected. In addition, the "Just In Time" and the "Just Enough" administration enable rules for restricting administrator access. Windows Server 2016 DataCenter therefore offers added value in terms of security.
New license model for the first time in Windows Server 2016
By the previous versions, the Standard and Datacenter licenses are valid for each two physical CPUs. With the new licensing model, a change from a Pro-CPU to a Pro-Core licensing took place. It is assumed that a server has at least 8 cores per processor and a total of at least two processors, so a total of 16 cores. For each server, 16 cores are the minimum, and at least 8 cores must be licensed per CPU. Better equipped servers must be upgraded with additional licenses. The supplementary licenses are available in the steps of 2, 16 and 24 cores each. It is also necessary to purchase the appropriate users or device CALs